Monday, April 6, 2020

Time to Work


 
I took these pictures on the second day of staying home, thinking that I could post my progress every day, you know, since I have time on my hands.
This was five days later:


So, if left to my own devices I take about two hours to get up and going in the morning, and apparently on a broader level I also take two weeks to start getting things done.

At thirteen days we start to see something;

And the next day some real change:

I don't really mind tidying up, I'm just a procrastinator.  It's amazing how satisfying it is to have the space cleaned and set up.  Lots more to go.

Now, I haven't been a total couch potato, this has given me time to get some important work done around the house.  I'm splitting and stacking the logs out back, which led to making a saw buck, finally putting my birthday adze to good work.


 

 I'm also making a cat door for Mr. Neil.

And we're still working on the hallway floor.  I bought a carbide scraper to clean up the floor boards.  

An interesting side-note: I got these curls as I was using the scraper, and they reminded me of shavings from a tool I just learned about, the Yari Kanna.  It's a fascinating traditional tool from Japan, and was used to smooth the surface of boards and beams.  It's basically a modified spear that can be pulled along the wood.  I'm sure it takes some real skill to get nice shavings.  Cool stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Time to Work

  I took these pictures on the second day of staying home, thinking that I could post my progress every day, you know, since I have t...